We are the Mennonite Coalition for Refugee Support (MCRS).
Since 1987, we have been welcoming individuals and families coming into the Waterloo Region who need help to navigate the refugee claim process. Otherwise known as asylum seekers, our clients come from over 30 different countries around the world. They are fleeing persecution, oppression and very personal threats against their lives, too often by the very people who should be protecting them.
They come seeking refuge, and many of them find hope from the moment they walk through our doors. Having been deemed by Canadian Border Service Agents to be eligible to make a refugee claim, they quickly discover it is a complex and often confusing process. That’s where we come in!
We are the “go to” organization for getting help to complete documents and to find legal support. We also work closely with many community partners and service agencies to help our clients get settled in our area.
We love when our clients come to us and say, “I got a yes!”
Please take time to journey through our site!
- Read the stories of client’s lives forever changed!
- Discover ways you can get involved!
- Access resources that will help you learn more and also get others involved.
- Keep watching for events that we hold throughout the year!
- And of course, yes, please consider donating. Your generous gift will literally save lives!